Of the hundreds of competitors that have taken part, finally they have been whittled down to three players that will represent the electronics sports department of the club in the Rocket League.
The contest took place via the Playstation league and it was a tough battle from the start with the chance to represent the Valencia badge as the prize.
After four knock-out rounds, 100s of goals scored and without having lost a single match, it is clear that the team called ‘Amunt Triades’ has what it takes to make Valencia CF proud.
Sony Spain are very positive and are keen to continue working with the eSports department of the club in the future.
Captain of VCF eSports Rocket League team Albert Vaquero Solé ‘De Boer’ said: “We always had a lot of belief in ourselves and the truth is that the results have followed from the start. We now just need to keep going and defend the VCF eSport’s shirt as best as we can wherever we play.”
VCF eSports general manager Sergio Benet added: “The experience of working arm in arm with Sony Spain has been very good and we are delighted with the players that are taking part in this project. We did not think that there would be such a high level and we are sure that they will achieve a lot together.”
The track record of the players is impressive
Albert Vaquero Solé ‘de Boer’
- Runner-up in the MLG world title. Champion of the first official European competition by ESL.
- First player in the world to reach the Top Ten.
- In the Top Ten of the world rankings during two years of competition.
- First player in the world to get to the Top Ten in 1v1 and 2v2.
- Winner every season of the Playstation league in 3v3 and 2v2.
Javier Ojeda Gálvez ‘Kael’
- Highest ranking during the first two regular seasons.
- On several occasions among the 100 best players in the world in all categories
- Champion of the first tournament organised by Rocket League Spain.
Alejandro Gil ‘xXKhaelanXx’
- Record number of wins in the ESL Aerial Cup.
- Number one in the world on several occasions and Grand Champion in other tournaments.
- Winner of the Madrid Games Week 2015.
- Nicknamed ‘the comeback guy’ for the way he has fought in difficult matches.
About Sony Interactive Entertainment
Recognised as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
More information about PlayStation® products at www.playstation.com
PlayStation®, PS4TM, PS3TM y DUALSHOCK® are registered Sony interactive Entertainment Inc. trademarks. All the other brand names are property of their respective proprietors.
Copyright 2013-2018 Valencia Club De Fútbol. Quoting text from this article is permitted provided that en.valenciacf.com is credited as source, with a clickable link. Photographs by Lázaro de la Peña, re-use is not permitted.